By z4029052030, Oct 4 2017 06:39PM
Fires, Farewells and Futures
I trust you have all had a wonderful summer. It has been an interesting year weather wise, both locally and globally. When nature becomes extreme, it is often an opportunity for us to look at our own lives, choices and goals.
Are we stuck in old ways?
Are we resisting change?
Are we afraid to dream big?
Some of you may know we had a very serious fire here in July, destroying all of our hay, feed, rugs, tractor, machinery, tools and masses more. Very thankfully the few stabled horses were released safely, and although very scared from all the pops and bangs, they didn't get hurt, nor any humans.
One of the questions I have been frequently asked is how can I stay so positive and upbeat, when something so seemingly awful has occured?
My answer is A, B and C.
No matter how much I do, or don't get upset, nothing is going to change the fact that we lost thousands of pounds worth of belongings. I can choose to fight the reality of life but have personally found I always lose! I totally trust that life happens for me, not to me.
How can you be grateful in a situation like that? I was in deep gratitude that the horses were freed from the stables. I was grateful that although we lost a huge amount, the saddles and stables were saved.
I was grateful that the weather had changed. Only a week before it was searing heat that was unbearable for the horses to be outside in. With the cooler weather we were able to keep the horses outside whilst we cleared the stables from smoke and ash.
I have also been so grateful for the donations of time and replacement goods we have received. Thank you!
Choose How You Respond
I couldn't change what happened, but I could change how I responded. After acknowledging the shock and initial fear of how I was going to feed 36 horses with thousands of pounds worth of feed destroyed, I chose to respond with trust. I chose to become a victor, and not a victim. I chose to see this as an opportunity for rebirth. I surrendered to the situation and asked my Higher Inner Guidance the best way forward.
'The task before you is never greater than the Power behind you'
What life events or situations could you apply the ABC method to? Acceptance, Be Grateful and Choose to see things differently?
This gives you full power (powerful), not less power. Throw out powerlessness. This gives you the energy to cope.
Thank You Tigger
So HHPC are moving through a rebirth. In rebirth we often have to say goodbye to the past. One of my saddest goodbyes has been Tigger. His ripe old age of 30 years caught up with him and he sadly contracted a respiratory problem that meant he had to be released to the rainbow bridge, to find freedom in heavenly pastures.
Tigger is, was and ever will be the emporer of confidence giving horses. He can boast that EVERY rider who came to him nervous, worried or fearful would leave with more confidence, no exceptions, and in most cases, completely cured. He had the rare ability to seemingly take fear, and start to dissolve it.
He loyally served for over 25 years and I have had the priviledge of being his lifelong custodian since he was 4 years old. Even though he retired from riding, his ability as a therapy horse was equally astounding and even up until his last day, he was serving.
If you have any pictures or stories of Tigger, we would love to hear and see them.
Thank you Tigger you have been very special, I love you, we all love you.
You may know that one of our values and missions as a special place is to help people of all ages reach their full potential, and help them with realising their big dreams. Sometimes, that means they have to fly the nest!
Some of the staffing here has changed and we thank everyone who has been a part of HHPC and wish them all well in their new, dream jobs.
We welcome several new people who have joined us as part of their dreams too.
So here are some of the ways you can support us.
1. If you love what we stand for in doing our best for horse and rider, then please spread the word about our centre to your friends. Referrals are still our best source of clientele.
2. Half term is nearly upon us already and our fun pony days are filling up fast - book your dates now! Just £65 for a full day, or a whole week special offer for just £275 (save £50!).
3. Kids clubs Saturday 10-1pm or 1.30-4.30, or Sunday 10-1pm. Or we have found several riders are going for the extra good value by staying all day and riding twice.
4. Birthday parties. We have had a run on our very popular birthday parties recently. Usually held after school or on a Sunday afternoon, this is the perfect choice for a fabulous time.
5. Retreat. Fancy taking your horsemanship, relationships and self to the next level? Then come and join Monica and me for a unique workshop from Thursday 5th October - Sunday 9th October 2017 for a life transforming few days. Visit the sun, Spain and secrets on Facebook or reply to this email and I can send you full details.
6. Unique 'Confidence-for-kids' club after school on Monday's, Tuesday's and Wednesday's from 4-6pm. Although this is a non ridden session, there is plenty of horse time. It is packed full of different ways children can overcome their fear, stop feeling bullied, release exam anxiety or overcoming friendship problems. This will be a profound workshop and is half the price of a normal lesson.
7. Remember the 5th of November. Keep that Sunday free to come and join us for an open day and bonfire. We have a double celebration for our 13 year anniversary and the official rebirth of HHPC. Bring your friends and come and discover all the different treatments and ways we care for the horses, and all the different riding, workshops and courses we offer.
Do let us know by replying to this email with what you would like to know more about. Please note, once the electricity is back on and our phone lines are working, we will let you know.
Always happy to hear from you and Help.